· Qualifications & Hiring
· Working Conditions &
· Required visa document
· Criminal Background
  Check & Apostille
· KGC 소개
· 비자서류
· 구인등록
· 강사리스트
· 강사채용절차
Alien Registration Card
Apostille in Korea
Association for Teachers of English in Korea
Banking in Korea
Basic Scotland Disclosure(Criminal record)- The British
Class Hours
Contract Termination
Criminal Background Check
Damage Utility deposite
Dress Code
Drinking Water
Education In Korea
Employee Duties
English Edition Newspapers
English Radio Station
F2 visa ( Foreigners married to Koreans)
F3 visa ( Spouse Visa)
FBI check-American
First Impression
Interview Tips
Japan Visa Run
Job Photos
Making a call
Necessary documents for Korean Consulate
New Visa Rule
Official Sealed Transcript
Overseas Korean Consulate (1)
Home | ESL Experience in Korea | Information for Teachers
Alien Registration Card
Name : Anna   Date : 2008-06-10

Alien Registration Card

After you come to Korea with an E2 visa you will then need to apply for an Alien registration Card within 90 days. It is legally required that you apply for it within 90 days, otherwise it will become a problem with immigration. Once you have received your Alien registration card you can then register things under your name, for instance the internet or phone etc.


Note: When you leave Korea upon completion of, or termination of your contract, you should return your alien card to the immigration office at the Airport. 


Document requirements:

1)Application forms


3)Copy of your passport

4)1 colour photos (3×4)

5)Copy of Hakgown business license

6)Copy of certificate of  Hakgon establishing registration

7)Fees (10,000 won)

8) Original Medical Check

(You will have to check up in Korea Hospital in Korea. It will include basic medical check up and HIV and TBPE drug test. Fee is around 40,000~60,000 won. Depending on hospital consuming time  to get outcome is around 2~7 days)



Alien card processing time: 1~2 weeks.

How to apply: You will have to visit the local immigration office that has jurisdiction over the area in which you are staying, within 90 days from the date of your entry into Korea.


Note: Your E2 visa is initially a single entry visa, hence, if you wish to travel to other countries like China or Japan etc during your holidays, please make sure that you make it a multi entry visa. You can get a multi entry visa at the airport, or the immigration office that has jurisdiction over the area you will be staying in.




이전글 Employee Duties
다음글 Switch school without visa run
· Public School
· Private Language
· AfterSchool Program
· Comparative Table
Click for 서울특별시, South Korea Forecast
Enter amount:
Convert from:
Convert to: